Monday, June 04, 2007

Scrubbee Cloth

It started out as an MCAL at CFL ~ but it wasn't working for me. Either I was crocheting too tightly or my scrubbee was not equal in size to the one used to develop the pattern. So as all crocheters do in these cases, I modified it. This pattern is based on Kornflakes Scrubber Cloth.



Materials

Lion Cotton Ease: Small amounts of 4 different colors
(I used Lake, Lime, Terracotta and Maize)
Size G / 4.5mm hook
Nylon Scrubbee

Yarn Needle for weaving in ends

Level


Gauge: Who cares? It's a dish scrubber!

Instructions

Rnd 1: With Lake (color 1), join yarn to scrubbee, ch 1, sc in same sp, sc evenly around. Join to 1st sc. (I had 34 sc)

Rnd 2: Ch 2, *2 hdc in next sc, hdc in next sc; repeat from * around; join to beginning ch-2. Finish off, weave in ends.

Rnd 3: With Lime (color 2), join in any hdc in rnd 2; ch 3; *hdc, ch 1 in next hdc; repeat from * around; join to 2nd ch of beginning ch-3. Finish off, weave in ends.

Rnd 4: With Terracotta (color 3), join in any ch-1 sp in rnd 3; ch 3; *hdc, ch 1 in next ch-1 sp; repeat from * around; join to 2nd ch of beginning ch-3. Finish off, weave in ends.

Rnd 5: With Maize (color 4), join in any ch-1 sp in rnd 4; ch 2, hdc in same sp, ch 1; *2 hdc, ch 1 in next ch-1 sp; repeat from * around; join to beginning ch-2.

Rnd 6: Ch 1, sc in same sp and in each st around; join to 1st sc. Finish off, weave in ends.



I could have positioned the ruffling better, I basically just threw it on the floor and took a pic :P But isn't it neat how I got a matching rainbow?

Ciao for now!

3 comments:

Sônia Maria said...

Hi Mini!
It is very nice.
I like this.
Hugs,
Sônia Maria
www.falandodecrochet.blogspot.com

The Bookworm said...

that is really cute mini, I need to buy a nylon scrubbie thingie to make one too.

Sônia Maria said...

Olá Mini!
Fiquei muito feliz com a sua visita.
Você disse que o Gorrinho serve para o charity.
O que é o charity?
Eu vi a pergunta no Grupo, mas não entendi. Você pode me explicar?
Se vc quiser... pode copiar o gráfico e usá-lo à vontade.
Hoje postei uma golinha. Eu a criei ontem. Me inspirei em uma de tricot. Eu gostei muito.
Acho que ficaria mais bonita, se as pontas fossem feitas em ponto baixo.
Passe por lá e veja.
Abraços com carinho,
Sônia Maria