Monday, June 04, 2007

Blankie

I really need to stay off the net. I am such a soft touch for any kind of charity, especially one that involves kids. The latest one I'm crocheting for is for orphaned children in Uganda whose parents have either died or succumbed to AIDS. So here's a pic of the blankie that I made this weekend to send off. I have 2 more in the works.


Giant TVs are great for hanging stuff on to take pictures :D

It's a bitty blankie at 28" x 30". I used this pattern, but changed the edging and used Bernat Satin. It called for picot stitches all around and I just wasn't in the mood for picots. So I just did a ch2, sk2, sc kind of edging. I also preceded it with 2 rows of sc instead of 1. It works. So it will be sent off in the mail just as soon as I weave in a few ends.

And that was my weekend, and so ends my vacation :)

3 comments:

Monet said...

what? did i miss something? where do i need to send something to?

The Bookworm said...

wow mini, that blankie looks great!!

Sônia Maria said...

Oi Mini!
Adorei sua manta!
Linda!
O azul é lindo.
Beijos e abraços,
Sônia Maria