Monday, November 23, 2020

[Real] Hot Chocolate Gift

I'm a little late in getting the shopping done this year. It's finally all done and now I'm just waiting for everything that I ordered online to arrive. But I can start wrapping a few things while I wait.

I know, I know, another Hot Chocolate gift. But this one doesn't utilize the standard instant hot chocolate gift configuration. I like giving real chocolate.

Here's what I used:

Not much to say here. I just put a little excelsior in the bottom of the bag and an ample amount inside the mug so the chocolate package can sit on top. I slid the recipe in the back and added a cute little bunny ornament on the side. Closed the bag with the twist tie and tied the molinillo onto the bag with the ribbon. 

I originally wanted to insert the handle of the molinillo into the mug and have the whisk portion stick out beyond the bag, but I thought it looked too tall and out of balance. If the mug had been taller, it would have worked out better. But in the end, it works.


I put 2 of these together in about a 1/2 hour. 2 gifts down! Now Mexican Hot Chocolate doesn't typically have marshmallows floating on top, but there's nothing stopping you from including a miniature bottle of dark rum for a drink that will truly warm your gift recipient up! They can top it off with a little whipped cream if they want to dress it up a bit.


No comments: