Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!

There's nothing like a 3-day weekend to play around. Between BBQs - because that's what one does on Memorial Day, break out chunks of charcoal, pour flammable liquid over it, set it on fire and burn (er, cook) raw meat over it - one can crochet!

Yesterday I finished some squares for Moe's MIL comfortghan. These will go out in the mail tomorrow. I seem to be on a Priscilla Hewitt kick... All were made with Bernat Satin in Raisin.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Fisherman's Ring (bad pic, sorry)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Circle of Friends

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lace Medallion

I also made Carousel, but seem to have misplaced the photo file. I'll add later.

Last, but not least, I completed the CFL Challenge "Make something in thread to hold something else". So I made a crochet hook holder. I purchased the pattern from
Crochet Memories. I did my best to take a pic where the glare from the steel hooks wouldn't blind you, but you might want to get out your sunglasses. This was made with Anchor #8 Perle Cotton and a size 6 hook. Took 1 ball!


Elegant Steel Hook Holder

Have a great day everyone! I need to get back to checking on my husband. Cooking raw meat over fire changes him somehow...

5 comments:

The Bookworm said...

wow mini, that looks beautiful!!!
lol...I cant separate my hubby and his grill during the summer months. he's grilling right now...lol...good thing is I dont have to cook any meat for dinner. he's actually a great cook when it comes to grilling.
happy memorial day.

Sônia Maria said...

Hi Mini friend!
Its parts of crochet are very pretty.
I love squares.
Its are very pretty.
Taste very tambem of door needles. Have the nice day.
Hugs with affection,
Sônia Maria www.falandodecrochet.blogspot.com

Monet said...

They look wonderful!! :) Thank you so much. As well as your hook holder. Awesome. :)

.:Cris:. said...

Beautiful work Mini :)

Cris~
does the grilling around here these days (snicker, snicker)

Kare said...

hi! I love Priscilla Hewitt's patterns, too.