Friday, August 07, 2020

Lavender Planter

It's been about a month since I posted last, but I've been crafting! I was just too lazy to get the camera out and take the pics. I recovered from my laziness today and have 6 new projects posted.

I had these 3 mini crates that have been staring at me for a while. I finally knocked the neurons around and came up with this planter.

Now you kinda get a peek at what my messy craft area looks like. 

Here's What You'll Need:

  • 3 Mini Crates
  • Paint or stain of your choice 
  • Hot glue
  • 2 Blocks of floral foam
  • 1 pkg Reindeer Moss
  • 2 bunches Lavender*
  • 1 bunch Baby's Breath*
  • 18 gauge wire
  • Hot glue
  • Mini Chalkboard sign
  • Skewer
  • Black paint
  • Small paint brush
  • White paint pen
*or flowers of your choice


STEP 1 - PREPARE CRATES: Paint or stain the crates. Let dry. Glue two together to form the bottom portion of the planter. Insert floral foam, leaving room on each end to cover handle opening with moss. Center the last crate on top and glue in place. Insert another block of floral foam, again, leaving room to insert moss to cover the handle opening.

STEP 2 - ARRANGE FLOWERS: Remove lavender from main stem. Place as desired in all three crates. Cut pieces of wire approx. 1-1/2" long. Remove baby's breath from main stem. Glue each individual stem to a wire and place amongst the lavender.

STEP 3 - MAKE GARDEN SIGN: Paint skewer black. Glue to the back of the chalkboard sign. With the white paint pen, write 'Lavender' on the sign. Trim skewer so sign is placed at desired height. Insert sign.

I had a mini garden gnome left over from another project and decided this would be his new home too. As ai recall, I got him at Hobby Lobby, but don't remember what I paid for him.

Done!

TOTAL PROJECT COST (minus paint & tools): $15
Mini Crates: $1 each = $3
Floral Foam: $1 each = $2
Reindeer Moss = $1
Lavender: $3 each = $6
Baby's Breath: $3
I had everything else on hand.

BUYING GUIDE
Mini Crates Floral Foam & Reindeer Moss: Dollar Tree
Lavender & Baby's Breath: Walmart


No comments: