Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Creative Process

Eenie Meenie Miney Mo... Ecru, Camel or Mocha? I decide not ecru - too bland I'm thinking. Not camel either. I have too many doilies in camel. Mocha? Kinda dark, it might downplay the texture. One Potato, Two Potato, Three Potato, Four... Arggg! I can't decide. I don't want to do it in white as that doesn't fit in with the earthtone color scheme around here. Maybe Banana? Nah, then I could only put it out at Easter.

I turn on the TV in search for a movie to crochet along to. Nothing on really. OK, let's pick a DVD. I start having random thoughts like why is our butt in the middle of our body? Wouldn't it be more convenient if we pooped out our feet? Fern green? I look across the room and I have a fern green filet on the coffee table. Burgandy? Too Christmassy. Back to Ecru, Camel and Mocha. I take a mental inventory of my thread colors. Light Pink, Baby Blue, Dark Sage... I know the Cebelia color chart by heart and I have them all. Nope, none of those. Back to Ecru, Camel and Mocha.

If we pooped out our feet, then farts could be much more easily disguised. That wasn't a fart, it's these new shoes! Let's watch Beowulf. Gerard Butler is in that one and he's a cutie-pie even though he plays a Norseman with a Scottish accent. You know you want to make this doily in Camel, just start and get moving!

I need coffee. I can't plop my butt down for the morning without another pot of coffee for crying out loud. Oh yeah, and it's bath day for the dogs. Can't forget to do that today. If we pooped out our feet, would socks then be considered sexy attire? We've already got thongs for the feet. In fact, they long preceded thongs for the butt.

Three # 7 hooks go in the trash as the finish is worn off. Ahh, there's a new one. I'm ready. I stare at the balls of thread. I rip the plastic off all three. I grab ecru. Gerard Butler sure looks hot in long hair. I work a couple of rounds and then I have an idea. I'll use all 3 colors! There. That does it and I no longer have to pick! Besides, I've never seen or done a PK doily in multiple colors before. This will be fun.

So here be a pic of the first 13 rows. I'm thinking I'm going to like it.

5 comments:

.:Cris:. said...

Looking great, Mini!

If one pooped from one's feet then would one have an excuse for having stinky feet?

Cris~

Monet said...

WOW, I started cracking up and my boss looked at me funny! lol and i really don't want to fart out of my foot...although you wouldn't have to lift up if you were sitting. lol That doily is wonderful of course. can't wait to see it finished!

LadyLinoleum said...

It's so beautiful! Can't wait to see the FO!

You had me giggling...

MiniBooger said...

Yeah, well the old blog was getting rather boring. Thought I spice it up a bit with potty talk - LOL

Sônia Maria said...

Hi Mini!
Is very much beautiful!
I love yours crochets.
Have a nice day.
Hugs for you,
Sônia Maria