Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Elvis Said Blog

I don't like to blog if I don't have much to share. I like to save it up and blab all at once. But since my life as a wage slave interferes with my ability to quickly save it up, Elvis said I better get something up. No, not the Memphis King of Rock'n Roll. Elvis the Meerkat.

I decided to switch gears on a sweater I was making for my mom for mother's day and make her an afghan instead. It's comprised of squares - 6 x 8 - and I have one 6-square strip done so far. 7 more to go plus the border! LOL This was probably a stupid decision considering that I only have a couple of weeks. I figure if I don't sleep for a week, I can make it easy. With sleep? Highly questionable, but I'll give it the old college try anyway.

That is, of course, as long as I resist picking up The Children of Hurin. OMG! Tolkien has a new book after 30+ years! Do you know how hard it is for me to not lock myself in the bedroom and ignore the outside world?! But when I do read it, it will be from cover to cover in isolation. I don't want to miss a thing due to distraction or interruption. I want to savor this read, so I'm waiting...

And that recaps recent life at Mini's house. A thrill a minute, eh?

4 comments:

Monet said...

Good luck with work and the blanket and I can so understand about locking yourself in a room to just read a good book. Or maybe a nice HOT bubble bath! MMmmmmm I hope everything goes well. :)

.:Cris:. said...

ELVIS ROCKS!!!

The Bookworm said...

hi mini, enjoy that book :o)

Sônia Maria said...

Hi Mini!
Happy Mothers's Day!
Is lovely your blanket.
I am magic with the blanket that you made for your mother. Certainly she was very happy.
You are an artist of crochet. I made some mimos for my mother, but its does not compare yourself with what you made.
I made the card that I in such a way liked. Pass for and sees there.
Hugs with affection,
Sônia Maria www.falandodecrochet.blogspot.com www.bijouxdasonia.blogspot.com