Thursday, August 02, 2007

Petco Park

Today started out to be just another day in the life of a wage slave. At about 10:15 I decided to take my morning coffee break and ran into the recruiter I've been working with. He was anxiously looking for takers for 3 extra baseball tickets he had left over from an outing that had been arranged for the summer interns. The only catch was they were for today and the limos were arriving at 10:45. So I quickly checked our workload, made a few calls in a half hour my minions and I were on our way to a Padres game LOL!


The New Petco Stadium. Yes. Petco.

Now the Padres kinda suck, but hey ~ it was a day away from skullduggery and it was in San Diego ~ the official Southern California home of perfect weather! We had a great time at the ballpark eating hotdogs and peanuts. And the Padres actually won (go figure?) In fact, it was a shut-out. All I can think of is that the Arizona Diamondbacks must have sent out their B team. Who cares? It made for a really nice day. The final score was 11-0.


See the ocean? Perfect weather!

So today was fun. Tomorrow will bring back meetings and emails laden with barcode questions. But I'm not going to think about that until tomorrow.

2 comments:

smr61754 said...

Thats the wonderful thing about baseball....you cant predict the outcome no matter WHAT teams are playing. The D'Backs are having their troubles, as are the Brewers. I just wish the METS would start to have THEIRS! :)

The Bookworm said...

wow mini, sounds like a fun day. beats being at work :)