Sunday, September 30, 2007

Crocheted Bag

Bet you thought I forgot how to crochet, eh? I was starting to wonder too as I've had this purse in WIP for a month. This purse is for a lovely lady who is my exchange partner at Crochetville.



I made this with Moda Dea's Tweedle Dee (in Ocean, I believe.) It turned out to be a great self-striping yarn even for crochet. Most self-striping yarns do well with knitted articles, but fall a little short for crocheted items. I am pleased with how this yarn worked up.



It's just a simple pattern I made up that I'll post as soon as I find my notes. It was a bit of a booger to line as the yarn is chunky and the foot on my machine doesn't lift very high. I didn't take a shot of the inside as I was in a hurry to get it packed up for the mail tomorrow, but the lining is simple with a pocket against the back. The sides of the purse have snaps so they can be 'pleated' closed at the top. I used an Exclusively You pre-made leather handle that I got at Joann's a while back without a plan. Who says you don't use up those impulse purchases? I finished it off with 3 hand carved wooden buttons to give it a bit of personality.

That ends my weekend creativity. Now to get ready for my role as a wage slave tomorrow. Have a great one!

2 comments:

.:Cris:. said...

Beautiful bag, Mini. I love the colors et all. Very nice :)

The Bookworm said...

I love the bag Mini :)